26th AFA International Fertilizers Technology Conference ~~~~~ BEST PRACTICES IN FERTILIZER INDUSTRY
In an international gathering concerned with fertilizer industry technology, AFA organizes in cooperation with AFA Tunisian member companies:
- Compagnie des Phosphates de Gafsa
- Groupe Chimique Tunisien
- Granuphos Company
- TIFERT Company
the 26th International Fertilizer Technology Conference & Exhibition in Tunisia, during: 24 – 26 June 2013, in Tunisia at Ramada Hotel.
Such event receives great attention from Arab and international companies specialized in fertilizer industry, thus attracts leading international companies working in technology and producing equipment and chemicals used in fertilizer industry in order to show their state-of-the-art achievements in this regard. Also, it is a significant chance for Arab fertilizer industry specialists and stakeholders to meet with their counterparts from international companies, so as to present the latest developments via regional working papers highlighting the companies’ expertise in the fields of environment protection, preventive maintenance and production methods upgrading. All of the previously mentioned is emphasized by the unprecedented Arab and international attendance shown in the Conference.
The Conference theme, this year, “Applying Best Practices in Fertilizer Industry” being in harmony with the required needs to promote fertilizer industry. To illustrate, it has been pinpointed that such an industry products are abiding by international quality criteria and committed to environmental standards; the matter expressed in using resources efficiently, raising effectiveness, improving performance and developing production and quality processes. These efforts were applied targeting the reduction of costs and the achievement of aspired progress assisted by the interaction with other experiences and comparing with other successful companies practices in order to highlight progress achievable areas.
The Conference program included the presentation of 26 working papers by international and Arab companies tackling the following topics in detail:
- Stating the best technological methods (BAT) used in producing fertilizers and increasing productivity
- Improving energy usage efficiency in fertilizer industry
- Identifying the existing factories challenges, debottlenecking and rehabilitation needs together with increasing productivity and reducing energy consumption
- Determining the latest technology related to phosphogypsum.
- Discussing uranium and rare elements found in phosphate ore
- Shifting from being reactive to being pro-active concerning maintenance processes.
- Entrenching the culture, methodology and practice of Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) in the minds of fertilizer industry stakeholders in order to protect the human being, machines and the surroundings as one integrated unit
- Including other case studies provided by Arab companies reflecting such companies distinguished status in fertilizer industry field.
It is noteworthy that more than 390 participants attended the Conference, representing 85 international companies and organizations working in fertilizer industry and related by-products.