AFA is a non-governmental Arab International Organization established in 1975. AFA is operating under the umbrella of Council of Arab Economic Unity and exercising the status of observer at Economic & Social Council affiliated to Arab League.
AFA comprises Arab institutions and companies working in the fields of fertilizers manufacturing, trading in addition to other related fields.
AFA aims, generally, at coordinating and developing technical relations between member companies, together with all issues related to fertilizer industry. AFA represents a framework through which Arab companies work and get to know the latest technological developments in fertilizer industry. It further provides Arab companies' representatives with the opportunity to strengthen relationships with international institutions, organizations and companies working in the field of fertilizer industry, trade and usage.
Best utilization of available natural resources, utmost achievement of added value, effective contribution in economic and social development with reference to different kinds of fertilizers' industry, further support to constructive scientific research concerned with fertilizer industry and due attention provided for both environment and Man.
AFA, generally, targets the development of fertilizer industry, materials and usage. AFA seeks the achievement of such a goal together with keeping environmental standards and requirements via intensifying and coordinating inter-cooperation efforts exerted in different fields and with related specialized bodies. In addition, AFA leading goal is manifested in promoting agricultural production to achieve food security and to practice not business-like work nor accomplish personal profits.
For AFA to accomplish the main goal, it carries out the required activities to such an end, including:
- Assisting members in handling production issues through exchanging information and expertise, solving problems existing between members or a member and other party peacefully and practicing conciliation and arbitration, if so required.
- Documenting technical information and economic, commercial and agricultural data related to fertilizer industry, materials and usage on both Arab and international levels, through the establishment of an information center in order to collect, exchange and distribute information among member companies in accordance with modern means and mechanisms.
- Working on the preparation of strategic studies on fertilizer industry in Arab regions on both Arab and international levels; in the light of the technological progress and international developments achieved and in a framework of efficiency, security and environmental preservation.
- Working on supporting and developing the technical and occupational training required for people working in fertilizer industry and materials in the Arab region; through organizing training courses, workshops and field visits.
- Convening and organizing conferences, forums and specialized seminars concerned with fertilizer industry and materials together with participating in related Arab and international events, and cooperating with Arab and international associations, institutions, organizations and experienced people.
- Issuing reports and specialized scientific and technical periodicals in order to: define fertilizer industry and materials, highlight its role in promoting agricultural production hence achieving food security, provide guidance on methods of application and pinpoint AFA activities and events in order to strengthen links between members and other related bodies.
- Seeking interaction and participation with specialized bodies, institutions and organizations when setting industrial and environmental standards related to fertilizer industry, materials and usage.
- Working on coordinating investments to reach a level of integration with reference to fertilizer industry and materials, in the establishment of common companies located in Arab region.
- Encouraging and enhancing practical scientific research.